Tail Wagger News
We are an all-volunteer non-
profit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Latest Scoop About What's Going On At Enchantment Rescue!
Dog of the Month
A Fuzzy Tale About A Dog Without One
The following description was written by Katie, 10 years old, Junior ECR Foster and daughter of one of our foster moms:
Female, about 12 pounds
Hi, I 'm the lovable Bella Rosa. I LOVE people! I'm a very happy girl. I give out free snuggles and lots of kisses. My favorite is to plant lots of kisses on my human foster siblings. I like to play follow the leader. You be the leader and I will follow! Since I was born with wobbly front legs and no tail, I wag my bum when I am excited. I don't look like every other Chihuahua, but they say "It's what's on the inside that counts!" I have a heart of pure gold, would you please be my forever family?
Good with - Dogs: Y, Cats:?, Kids: Y
Adoption Fee: $200
Katie with Bella Rosa
Katie loves helping her mom foster Bella Rosa. What a wonderful way to teach responsibility, compassion and character building. You could do the same with a child in your family so,
Think About Fostering!
KEEPING YOUR DOG SAFE
Over the past year our SAVE Line has received calls that Chihuahuas have been dog-napped out of yards and also out of a car. It is devastating to lose your pet but if you adopt the following steps you are well on your way to keeping your dog safe.
● Escape-proof your yard. Fence it and make sure the gate is closed. Consider putting a lock on the gate. Block any opening that is larger than your dog's head.
● Never leave your dog alone in a car.
● Never leave your dog unattended while you run into a store. It takes only a moment to untie him and lead him off.
● Never allow your dog to roam free in your neighborhood. You are asking for someone to steal him.
● If you are not at home let your neighbors know if you are expecting people on your property so they can call the police if they see someone suspicious hanging around.
● Make sure your dog wears a collar with his ID tags all the time. All ECR dogs are microchipped. Consider a microchip for all your pets.
● Take photos of your dog, from different angles that clearly show his coat and coloring, close-ups of the face and any unusual characteristics.
● Keep a file of all your proof-of-ownership papers, adoption contract, bill of sale in one place to prove ownership.
We Have Puppies!
Meet N' Greet
Call ahead if you'd like to meet a particular dog from our Available Dogs page, 505-275-7283.
Saturday, July 5, PetCo, on Lomas near Eubank. Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 12, PetSmart on Mercantile near I-25 and Montgomery/Montano.
Time: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 19, Pet Vet & Market, 11200 Montgomery Blvd. NE.
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 19, PetCo Westside, Old Airport Ave. Cottonwood area near Bed, Bath & Beyond and Lowe's.
Time: 12:00 noon -3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 26, PetSmart on Mercantile near I-25 and Montgomery/Montano.
Time: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
Peggy Leg Update
Peggy is on her way to North Carolina. Stay tuned for full coverage and photos.