Tail Wagger News
We are an all-volunteer non-
profit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Latest Scoop About What's Going On At Enchantment Rescue!
MEET N' GREET
Call ahead if you'd like to meet a particular dog from our Available Dogs page, 505-275-7283.
Saturday, Sept. 6, Haynes Park, Rio Rancho. Pet Food Gone Wild, 3 Year Anniversary Event & Pooch Plunge.
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The city of Rio Rancho allows dogs to play in their gradually sloped swimming pool before it closes for the year.
Saturday, Sept. 6, PetCo, on Lomas near Eubank. Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday Sept. 13, & Sunday Sept. 14, PetSmart on Mercantile near I-25 and Montgomery/Montano.
Special Adoption Event
Sat: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
Sun: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 20, Pet Vet & Market, 11200 Montgomery Blvd. NE.
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept 20, PetCo Westside, Old Airport Ave. Cottonwood area near Bed, Bath & Beyond and Lowe's.
Time: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 27,PetSmart on Mercantile near I-25 and Montgomery/Montano.
Time: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
This beautiful, queen size quilt was lovingly made and donated to ECR by one of our adopters to help us raise money for our rescue. Every penny of your raffle donation will be used in our efforts to rescue, rehabilitate, and find loving homes for all our rescued dogs.
Fun and love sewn into every stitch!
The drawing will be held Dec. 15.
Tickets available at all our Meet N' Greets. See our Calendar in column 1 for locations, or
and we'll see you get as many tickets as you like. They are $1.00 each and you needn't be present to win.
When purchasing raffle tickets please keep in mind that our veterinary bills run in the tens of thousands of dollars each year. We never refuse to take a dog because it needs medical help.
*Scarlet was rushed to us from Hobbs where the dog pound planned a major euthanization before the Labor Day holiday. She is about 8 yrs. old, under 4 lbs. and healthy. Born with a defect in the curvature of her spine she is able to get around just fine but should have limited exercise. Is there a couch potato among our readers who can give our gentle and very sweet little girl her forever home?
If so, please Contact Us
Let's Have a Bath
Never bathe your dog when you are in a hurry. It should be a special time for the two of you to really bond. Here's how:
1. Protect your dog's eyes with a drop of mineral oil and his ears by placing a cotton ball in each ear.
2. Don't use human shampoo. It has the wrong pH balance for his skin.
3. Try washing your Chi in the kitchen sink. It's easier on your back than the tub.
4. Fill your sink with a few inches of warm water and use a plastic cup to ladle the warm water over him or if you have a sprayer make sure the water is warm and hold it close to your dog's body. Make sure he is totally wet.
5. Pour the dog shampoo into your hands and place it in several spots on your dog's body.
Now here is the best part for both of you.
6. Give your dog a soothing massage all over his body while telling him how much you love him, or singing to him.
7. Gently and thoroughly rinse.
8. Wrap him in a big towel and rub him gently until damp-dry. Then wrap him in a dry towel and if you have a sunny window sit with him on your lap in the sun, continuing to love on him.
Saturday, September 20,
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Good Shepherd Animal Clinic
4601 Menaul Blvd, NE
All proceeds go to Enchantment Chihuahua Rescue, Ltd.